Saturday, February 21, 2009

Back home again

Haven't posted much since we returned from NY. I brought something home with me that I really didn't want - a nasty cough and cold that I'm pretty sure came from the kid I sat next to on the plane to NY. On the shuttle van on the return home, I realized I had the beginnings of a sore throat and by the weekend I was completely wiped out. I even stayed home from work on Monday - and I'm usually the one who goes in and spreads the germs around when I have the sniffles.

Scout has been getting used to being a house dog again after her little adventure. Spencer is also back to his old self now that sister is home - he had gotten pretty bored with me while she was gone and was often Mr Grumpy McGrump.

But - just when things seem to settling back into a normal routine, things go all topsy turvy. Mom had been settling in well at her new home in an assisted living situation since right after Christmas, but on Friday morning she suffered several seizures, and was airlifted to a hospital here. I was on my way Friday morning to pick her up to take her for a routine doctor visit, and little did I know that as I was driving north, she was on a helicopter headed south.

Yesterday was a scary day, but today we think that she survived the experience fairly well. As of tonight she is out the ICU and is resting comfortably in a room. She appears to have more left side weakness than she did before, and we may be starting back another stay at the rehab hospital.

So, if you believe in such things, send happy healing thoughts her way.

2 comments:

RegentCardis said...

I am sorry to hear about the set back with your Mother. I am sending positive, healing thoughts towards both her and you for speedy recoveries. :o)

Jeri said...

I'm sorry about your mom's health, Janet! I hope she recovers quickly. *hugs*