Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Surreal, but Nice, Weekend

(First - name the movie that title was inspired by!)

Saturday was ummmmm, interesting.  We were brought back to earth by the dog show gods - after our big double major weekend two weeks ago, yesterday Sally was 4th in the Bred-by class.  4th out of 4.  Ouch. 

On the good side, the judge liked brother Tommy and Mama Scout  - Tommy got Reserve and Scout was BOB.

Sally and I were both a bit off yesterday - we got in very late to the hotel, and lazy me did not take a crate inside for her.  I think she had trouble settling down because of that.  Then we had an 8 o'clock ring time, the hairdryer in the hotel room wouldn't work, and at 6:30 in the morning it was already 85 and 110% humidity or as we call it, "air you can wear."   It was also Sally's first time at a big show - noisy and lots of people and dogs - and it didn't even hit me until late yesterday afternoon  that I had not even thought about how difficult that probably was for her.  Any or none of these could have contributed to it - but it just was not our day.

We all crashed early last night and today was a better day.  Sally and I walked around a good bit before we went in the ring I played "hooman pez dispenser" and gave her lots of treats.  We were both more relaxed and it showed in how she moved in the ring.  And I was pleased as punch when the judge gave her Winner's Bitch and a 5 point major.  That gets her to 14 points.

7 comments:

Taryn said...

The breed ring sure is full of ups/downs! But it sounds like its more Ups for young Sally. Congrats on another major! You are almost done already!

I need orange said...

Congratulations!!! :-)

Builder Mama said...

Congratulations! I can only imagine taking Nick in a show ring, Mr. "Oooh, Something Shiny" would be all over the place like a hot mess. Great job, Miss Sallywags! We love you!

penni said...

The chaos of a large arena show is overwhelming to a bright young dog -- so many inexplicable noises coming from every direction. I'm glad Sally pulled it together -- so proud of both of you!

Elizabeth Keene said...

Yay, y'all! Congrats!

Ebonwald Cardigans said...

holy buckets! that's awesome for your recent wins!!!!!! congrats!!!!!

SMLong said...

My sister and my Mama ROCK! Love, Lowri