Thursday, December 25, 2008

It's not turkey!


We broke with tradition this year. We ALWAYS have turkey and all the trimmings at Christmas and Thanksgiving. After spending the entire day on Thanksgiving either cooking or cleaning up, I decided we had to try something else for Christmas.

Publix had standing rib roasts on sale and had really been pushing them in the ads - showing how easy they were to prepare. So I decided to give it a try. I used my trusty and cheap turkey roaster**, and we had a salad, potatoes, and baby peas on the side. Much less work and yummy - and no turkey carcass to deal with.

The dogs were happy too because they got some tasty leftovers in their bowls tonight, topped off with canned pumpkin and au jus!

** If you don't have a turkey roaster, check the endcap sale racks at Target, Walmart and such after Christmas. I got mine at Target last year for about ten bucks! It is a handy appliance.

No comments: