Sunday, May 3, 2009

It's raining cats and dogs

I love these kind of weekend mornings. Raining so much I just need to stay home in jammies and hang out.

One of my favorite things to do early Sunday morning is to catch up on the Colbert Reports that I missed during the week when they are replayed on Comedy Central. This morning I was happy to see that he plugged one of my favorite charities this week, DonorsChoose.org. See about 5 minutes into the clip below. So, I thought I would get up this morning and plug it again myself.

DonorsChoose is a site where public school teachers post requests for funding for projects. I have updated my donor's page (see right) with three new projects. One is in honor of all you blogging buddies - it's a project to buy a computer for a class. The teacher wants to use blogging as a writing exercise. Another project is in honor of Spencer - a librarian is setting up a reading corner for Therapy Dog visits. And of course, I can always find a project for Scout, because there are always teachers who want to teach the classic, To Kill a Mockingbird. (Scout was named for the narrator of the book, Jean Louise "Scout" Finch.)

The project that Colbert is plugging is on the DonorsChoose homepage. They have identified projects where most of the students are children of those serving in the armed services. Armed Forces Day is coming up later this month - contributing to these projects would be a great way to honor those who serve.

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Shout Out - Kids Edition
colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorFirst 100 Days

No comments: