Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sisters


I happily envy these two little bearcubs.

I don't have a sister, and my only sibling is 13 years older than me, so we really don't even have any shared childhood memories. While we share the same parents, they were at dramatically different points in their lives when we were born. Mom was 19 when he was born, married just over a year, and they still lived out in the country. My grandmother lived with them, so my brother had the experience of being with her every day, and I never even knew her. She died when I was a baby.

By the time I came along, Mom and Dad had moved to the city, and we lived a couple of hours away from all the aunts and uncles and cousins. Jimmy started to college the same year I started first grade, so he was off and gone. My parents always said they had two only children.

All that to say, it makes me happy to see these two girls, just 23 months apart in age, and think about how lucky they will be to have a sister going through life with them.

1 comment:

Jeri said...

Oy vey...23 months is close though! LOL I'm glad mine are more like almost 3 years apart. :P

They are, however, adorable. And hopefully will be great playmates growing up.