Saturday, July 18, 2009

What a day!

We are in the midst of one of the coolest summers I can remember. We had a couple of weeks of really hot weather, but mostly it has been so mild. To have a day like today was in July is truly a gift. In a normal year, by 5 pm it is so hot and humid that it is miserable outside. This afternoon, I just sat out on the deck for a couple of hours with a good book, a glass of wine and two happy cardigans and it just could not have been more perfect. Tonight I have have the windows open and we are enjoying the most lovely cool breeze.

4 comments:

Lani said...

It's the same here in Iowa - LOVELY weather. If it were like this every day, I may never move.

At least I'll enjoy it while it lasts!

Sarah said...

We are having record lows here in Kansas City also. I know that tonight should be about 57, and that will be a record. The windows are open, and the dogs are in and out, and had a great afternoon snoozing on the patio. Any day without humidity is a good day for me!

Taryn said...

Yes, I can report the same happy weather from here in the DC area. Usually by this time in the summer, it is so hot and muggy, you never want to be outside. We've had only one or two uncomfortable days. It has been so wonderful for the dogs! This morning at 6:30 it was 55 degrees!

Lybertygirl said...

I know - It has been wonderful in Middle Tennessee this year - we slept with the windows open for the last 2 nights - Woo Hoo - bet the electric companies are not as happy!