Saturday, February 27, 2010

I have become a Facebook Lurker

A couple of years ago, I was trying to get in touch with my college roommate, and the only place I could find her was on Facebook, so I opened a FB account just so I could contact her.  I didn't add any personal information or pictures, but I began to get friend requests from various people - folks from work, a few college and high school friends, dog show friends.  Seems like every week I get 3 or 4 requests.

So, I finally wandered over and started poking around, added a little more into to my profile, started checking out all those friends I had "friended" because they asked me first. 

Now for the last couple of nights I have gotten sucked in to just hunting and pecking around, peeking into the lives of people I have not seen or thought about in years.  I discovered tonight that a girl I spent every high school summer with hanging out at the Y pool is now a "Certified Organization Coach" who has been featured on "Hoarders."  I found pictures of Liz Hillebrand's cute red cardi puppies out of Lucy and Sam and a whole slew of my cousins that I haven't seen or heard from since we were kids.

I really don't need another excuse to sit around in front of the computer when I should be doing things like vacuuming up the bales of dog hair that are accumulating everywhere in my house - but I feel like I am getting sucked in  . . . . . .

3 comments:

coopercreek said...

It does suck you in, but it's a neat way to keep up with people. I don't do the games or other applications. As soon as I get an invite for one, I block it and then other people can't invite me to that same application. You can also hide the games so you don't have to scroll through all that when you're on your news feed. Enjoy!! But I have found that since I do facebook, I blog less.

Red Dog Mom said...

The other litter Liz has on the ground right now - Smudge x Billy - are also part of the Samily tree. They are great grandkids and there is a little girl named Topaz that bears a striking, and a little frightening :), resemblance to Moira. At least, I think so.

Taryn said...

I have stayed completely away from Facebook as I have heard how addicting it is! Reading all the blogs is addictive enough! Also my office blocks FB because it is a source of lots of viruses.....