Wednesday, June 3, 2009

After a long hard day at daycare . . .

Scout plays so hard all day that when I pick them up at the end of the day, Scout is so tired she is just pitiful. Spencer, on the other hand, spends his day supervising from a chair and staying cool. This afternoon, I stood in the lobby chatting with friends and Spencer shoplifted a bone in the lobby store. He couldn't wait to get in the crate and chew on his new toy. Scout just stood there and looked pathetic - she just didn't have the strength to get in the crate. Traffic was backing up behind us so I just picked her up and plopped her in the crate with Spencer.

When I got in the car, I laughed out loud when I saw the positions they were in. Spence was so entranced with his bone he didn't even care. Scout just looked at me with the big sad eyes like "I am so helpless!!"


A few minutes later she found the strength to move around but doesn't she still have the look of a mistreated diva.

2 comments:

penni said...

If you're going to be abusing that poor red girl, I'll just have to come get her. She and Chase can wear each other out.

Ebonwald Cardigans said...

oh the audacity!! that poor red girl!! LOL

I love those photos! Thanks for sharing!