Saturday, June 13, 2009

I love my GPS, except when . . .

I HATE IT!! Guess which one it is tonight (or rather this morning.)

Gail let me down tonight. I was driving through the Smoky Mtns on I-40 on the way to a show in Waynesville, NC. We've never been to this show site - this is their inaugural show.

All of a sudden, Gail completely lost contact with the satellites and left me stranded without a clue. I am too tired to go into just how lost I was, but I finally got myself back in the general area where my motel is when the satellites magically reappeared and Gail cheerily started navigating me again towards the Days Inn. She sounded so pleased with herself when she announced, "You have arrived at your destination!"

Only problem was that I was smack dab in the middle of nowhere with no nothing in sight!! (Duelling Banjos soundtrack here.)

We finally made it here, and now I hear that yes, the show site is indoors, but THERE IS NO AIR CONDITIONING! People! This is the South! In the Summer! We don't do dog shows with no air conditioning!! (Remember our favorite motto - it's not the heat, it's the humidity.)

I need a cocktail.

6 comments:

penni said...

I s'pose a cocktail is out of the question before showing this morning. Perhaps you can make up for it later. No air conditioning? I can feel myself melting just thinking about it!

Jeri said...

Oh no. Wanna go back to Fletcher? :D

Lybertygirl said...

The heat didn't hurt too bad today Since Scout went BOB - Congrats

Sarah said...

Sorry that Gail let you down and I'm glad you found your way. I used to know the area pretty well, because my good friend had a house on a mountain outside of Maggie Valley and I tried to visit as often as I could. Is it the right time of year for the Unto These Hills play???

congrats on the BOB today, and hope the rest of the weekend goes well!

Sarah said...

OH, Cabbage Rose in Maggie Valley, that's the shop, Janet. If you have a chance to shop, that is!

Kaye said...

I was going to come up to Waynesville today, even though we are not in the show and watch, but if it's going to be that hot and nasty maybe it is not worth the drive.