Saturday, August 22, 2009

They did me proud

Scout went BOB and Spencer doubled Q'd in Rally Exc B and Adv B for his second leg toward his RAE3 title.

This was a special win for Scout. Atlanta is my favorite show site. This was the first time to win here and was something I has always dreamt of doing. My only regret is that my travel posse is not here with us. On the other hand, that means I get away from here cheap because I don't have to buy margaritas for Laura, Jeri and Heidi.

Spencer was nearly a golden retriver corgi today, scoring 97 in Exc and 94 in Adv. He went in the ring completely cold - we haven't practiced a bit in months. I cost him 3 points on the left about turn. My command on that is "get around me" as I turn into him and point towards my right foot.  Today I just said "get around" (no "me") and pointed more towards the sign. So - he did exactly what I told him to do - he walked around the sign.  Boy deserves a better handler!

8 comments:

Lybertygirl said...

Don't think you are getting off cheap - Jeri, Heidi and I have long memories!
Way to go Scout and Spencer - Tema Suber all the way!

Jeri said...

Awesome! Who replaced Spencer's attitude with a brain? ;)

And yes, I do have a long memory. ;)

penni said...

Great day for both dogs and for you. Congratulations. Are you waiting for Group?

Janet said...

Yes, groups start at 2:00. And I will be posting a pic of one of the reasons we love this show site.

Taryn said...

WooHoo! I'll have a Margarita here in Virginia to help celebrate! Great job to both pups!

Holly said...

Congrats!!

RegentCardis said...

Congratulations! Sorry I was not there to celebrate at our favorite mexican place. :)

Joanna said...

Woot!