Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sally's Big Adventure

Today Sally went to her first dog show.  We got up early this morning to head a couple of hours west to the Cardigan supported show in Franklin, TN.  I wanted to go see some of our cardi friends and thought it would be a good chance for Sally to experience the sights and sounds of dog show.  Coincidentally, five years ago I went to this show and brought home a little red girl named Yum-Yum.

As Sally and I were headed out the door this morning, Spencer gave me a look like, "Don't I get to go too??"  I said what the heck, having a friend along for the ride would be good for Sally, so I loaded Spence and Sally in the crate and off we went.

When we got to the showsite, I used a coupler and leash and the two of them marched in like they have been doing this forever.  Sally got to meet lots of new people and loved all the attention.  After judging and lunch, the cardi folks were going to have short educational session (a new requirement for supported shows, apparently) and the topic was very timely for us - "Taping Puppy Ears."  Guess who got to be star of the show??

Sue and Brenda got her all taped up - and I think she is very proud of her new crown.

5 comments:

penni said...

Princess Sally looks so regal (well, not really), but she will. A good day at the dog show beats everything else.

Lani said...

You are one lucky lady -- free ear taping, by "professionals!"

Becky said...

What an adventure! Sally doesn't seem bothered by the tape at all! Loved the video!

Builder Mama said...

Hee hee hee...she looks so cute! And you know, I think Uncle Grump has really come around with the puppies. He could teach Rufus the Grump a thing or two!

Jules said...

What a cutie! Sounds like a great day all around.