Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow frapping

I went out with the dogs as soon as I got home - around 3:00 this afternoon.  It has been snowing steadily since then and now we have about 5 inches.  I am watching the local news as I type, and it is a mess out there.  Chattanooga is not used to this - the weather guy just said the last time we had this much snow was in 1996.  The terrain here is lots of ups and downs.  The roads were built to follow goat trails around and among the ridges.  This also took everyone by surprise - we were only supposed to get rain out of this storm.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ugh, can't imagine driving in that. It's bad enough the way "y'all" drive out there anyway! Just thinking of coming into downtown from I-24 to head up to Signal Mountain, the giant, yellow, flashing 45 MPH sign at that horrible curve completely ignored by the locals driving a minimum of 65... gulp. Stay safe, and hope the dogs get as much happiness out of the snow as mine!