Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tragedy in Haiti

Last night I was flipping channels when the reports began coming on the devastating earthquake in Haiti.  I think it struck me so much because it is just so close to us - just a few hundred miles south of Florida. Haiti was already the most impoverished country in our hemisphere, and this disaster has just added so much more pain and desparation.

If you would like to make a contribution to help out the people of Haiti and don't have a particular relief agency in mind, I would suggest that you take a look at UMCOR, the United Methodist Committee on Relief.  100% of contributions made to UMCOR go directly to relief efforts - all overhead for UMCOR is paid by United Methodist congregations.  Here is a release of more information on UMCOR.

1 comment:

Kaye said...

Yeah United Methodist! I don't think everyone realizes that if you just send $10.00, it adds up.