Sunday, April 25, 2010

Re-thinking Double Knit

Back in the early seventies, my mom was a seamstress and made about a
million custom double knit pantsuits for her customers.

Being a child of the depression, she saved the scraps and made quilts.
I always thought they were the most hideous things possible.

While I was cleaning out her house, I came across a pile of them, and
I saw them in a new light. They are actually quite charming in their
tackiness.

And, being made of the most indestructible material on earth, I
thought they would make fabulous dog bed covers!

But before I recycle them, I am putting them to use here at the
Specialty as bedspreads. You see, the hotel has taken their bedspreads
from all dog rooms. Looks like Spencer approves!

1 comment:

penni said...

You may find many more uses for them when you have puppies.